Monday, October 7, 2013

Innotek UltraSmart Contain and Train

Innotek UltraSmart Contain and TrainThis is a great item. Make sure you follow the training steps for using the fence though (I thought my dog was smart enough to skip a few....I was wrong.) This product really is great. It is pretty simple and easy to use.

The remote trainer is great too. I have never actually had to shock Jeb (my black lab) with it. It has a great "tone only" button and that is all he needs to hear to realize it's time to listen. He learned from the fence that the tone means the shock will arrive shortly if he doesn't do what he's supposed to.

In a nutshell: Excellent product.

Details: I recently adopted a large dog who is very sweet, but also very headstrong. He had the habit of chasing and tackling people and would also to fail to obey when he had other ideas in mind. I worked with him using traditional training methods with success in several areas, but he continued to tackle small children and to get onto furniture and into our trash whenever we weren't watching. Also, despite our having a very good fence around our yard, he learned how to squeeze under the gate. When my husband and I had to chase him down our busy road, it terrified me into seeking a solution.

I asked friends and acquaintances who have large dogs, especially those with breeds known for stubbornness, for advice. Many mentioned training collars. The Innotek brand was specifically mentioned by two. I did some online research, and decided to purchase the Innotek Contain & Train.

This system has worked a miracle with my dog. The indoor zone keeps him off of furniture and out of the trash. The outdoor containment keeps him from going under our gate into traffic. The training remote (following the easy to understand instructional training video) allowed me to teach my dog to sit and stay on command. I initially had to reinforce the command with the correction, but he immediately associated the tone with the correction. After a couple of corrections, only the tone was needed to remind him to listen. Also, I would like to note I have only had to use the correction on the level "2" setting. (The collar has settings 0 9, with 0 being tone only and 9 the strongest correction). To make sure the device was humane; I tested the collar on my bare leg. The level 2 felt something like the weird tingling feeling you might experience if you touch an electric appliance with wet hands. It was not exactly pleasant, but far from painful. When he initially received a correction, my dog would perk up or twitch his ears and look around. Once he figured out obedience stopped the sensation, he would immediately obey with just the tone. I combined the training with verbal commands that he now follows without correction. To be honest I think my dog is now under the impression that I have supernatural powers!!

After working with the system, our dog has become a much better behaved pet. When our preschool nieces came to visit I was able to assure he would be under control. Friends and family who came to visit before we bought the system and have since returned have remarked that he is like an entirely different dog a very well behaved one that they are able to enjoy being around.

This product has worked like a small miracle for me. I hope you will have the same success.

Buy Innotek UltraSmart Contain and Train Now

I recieved the product and it worked great! Unfortunately, I lost the remote control and Innotek would not sell me a new one. Innotek told me that I would have to buy the whole system again. Now would sony or panasonic make me buy a new TV if i lost my remote. I am extremely upset and disheartened by this company. I will never to business with Innotek again.

Read Best Reviews of Innotek UltraSmart Contain and Train Here

Innotek tells me that Amazon is not one of their authorized dealers, so they will not honor any warranty. I bought one of their collars and it stopped working after two months. No warranty service if you don't buy from one of their authorized dealers.

Want Innotek UltraSmart Contain and Train Discount?

One must take the time to sift through reviews of marginal relevance. If someone purchases a product, installs it, uses it for an hour, a day, or a week, can that person deliver a valuable review of said product? I do not purchase items with the expectation of them lasting a short period of time. What follows is a long term commentary on Innotek's Contain N' Train inground pet fencing system.

We purchased this exact model in 2008. The reviews describing unacceptable battery life are correct. Additionally, this company's technology is unreliable. At first the collar and remote operated as advertised. After about 2 weeks we noticed the collar would not operate once removed from the charger the red light would stay on. The manual states this is a self test failure just need to place back on charger and then remove to reset. This became very frequent, sometimes would not be corrected by placing back on the charger, and was not acceptable. I called the company Innotek, and they admitted it was faulty and sent a new one I had to send the faulty one back. Everything was fine until another 5-6 months had passed. The new collar started to do the same thing but was much more sporadic would not work once every few days and would correct itself if placed back on the charger. I thought great, this product is malfunctioning AGAIN. Also, the collar was requiring charging more frequently than when brand new, so I knew the battery was developing a problem. Originally, it required charging every few weeks as I recall, but now was requiring it once per week. The fencing itself seemed to functioning as intended. I would periodically check it to ensure it was working. The dog only went through the fence a couple times and was shocked as he ran through it. He learned to respect the boundary. Most problems encountered by this time were with the collar itself.

We then had a baby. Well, the dog (cavapoo) was given to a relative because it started peeing and pooping on all of the baby's items. We tried showering it with attention, then discipline, etc but still was occurring after several months. The relative took the collar and remote. The remote's red button had poor durability. After about one year from the original purchase, the plastic covering over the button had broken; the button still worked but the housing was cracked and looked poor. Also, I noticed that the range of the remote was significantly less than when it was new. This was even though NEW batteries were placed in the remote and several different brands were tried in an attempt to improve range. The battery in the collar itself was lasting only about one day before indicating a recharge necessary. I had followed the instructions regarding recharging explicitly in an effort to avoid developing "battery memory". I only charged it when the light glowed red indicating a charge was necessary (never charged when the light was amber which indicates 60-20% charge remaining). The relative was instructed on this as well. Long story short, the collar and remote were completely kaputt in less than 18 months. Completely unacceptable for a product costing north of $325. This company is not ready for Prime Time; I will not be purchasing another Innotek product.

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment