Saturday, March 8, 2014

SportDOG TEK-V1LT 1.0 GPS+E-Collar

SportDOG TEK-V1LT 1.0 GPS+E-CollarI had trouble with charging it the first time, when I went to charge the unit the second time it was dead, would not charge, when I notified company I have been told they will try to fix it or send me a re-built model. Really, I just paid for a new one now I am out $500 very poor customer service in my opinion.

I had a spaniel mix who passed away in July. I had considered buying an e-training collar for him, but I was apprehensive. I never did, and truth is, he probably didn't need it. BUT, I have a new dog now (boxer-rhodesian ridgeback mix). I've been leash-walking her daily for the past five months and she gets a decent workout (big hayfield, lots of hills). I couldn't let her off leash because she would simply never come when called. I started investigating e-collars again with the same apprehension. When I saw that manufacturers had integrated GPS with the collars, I was more than interested. I figured even if I didn't use the stimulation, I could at least find my dog if she disappeared into the woods. I went ahead and bought the TEK-V1LT. I used the collar-tracker only for awhile, but basically I was just chasing her all over the park. My dog was very good at obeying commands while on-leash, so I started to use the stimulation buttons simultaneously with the leash corrections. Finally last week I gulped, unhooked the leash and let her rip. She was about 60 yards away (the gps told me that) and I tried the momentary shock button and a loud "COME". She barely flinched at the stimulation and came directly to me the very first time. I am so happy that I can let her off leash and she runs around like a maniac until I decide it's time for her to move on. I always use the collar's "tone" function before an electronic correction. She'll obey about 75% of the time only using the tone. It's been 100% success with the stimulation.

I suppose anyone reading this review has already formed an opinion on electronic collars, so let me just describe how well designed this unit is. My dog is extremely active and I have no worries about the ruggedness of the collar. She's been in the water with it, through the woods, jumping obstacles...the works. The GPS locks a signal quickly and the range is beyond what I suppose I'll ever need (specifications state 7 miles!).

The transmitter is a technological work of art. It's intuitive and built to the same standards as the collar. The buttons are very stiff and according to SportDOG they will gradually break in. I personally like the idea of a training transmitter with buttons that would be difficult to activate accidentally. It's easy to toggle between training and tracking mode (push one button). There's a decent level of customization for the buttons; menus are easy to find and navigate; and all the functions seem very logical to me. My only complaint is that the stimulation buttons don't work if the unit is in "tracking" mode, but it's so easy to switch modes that that's a minor quibble (BTW, the tone button still works in tracking mode).

I bought this unit for one dog; a crazy 11 month old puppy. After successfully using the sportDOG with her, I can imagine how suitable it would be for the owner who trains field dogs. By adding additional collars, you can train and track up to twelve dogs with this thing! I'll never do that (God willing), but judging by the design of the TEK-V1LT, I think it would be easy.

Buy SportDOG TEK-V1LT 1.0 GPS+E-Collar Now

I have used sportdog collars for 5 years ,this is one of the best yet. I ordered mine from gundog and they had excellent customer service. Dont think twice about ordering.

Read Best Reviews of SportDOG TEK-V1LT 1.0 GPS+E-Collar Here

WELL THIS WAS THE FIRST COLLAR I EVER BOUGHT FOR MY DOGS, LABS, AND RED BONE HOUND. IT REALLY WORKS WELL, I ALWAYS WANTED A GPS AND SHOCK COOLAR IN ONE UNIT, SO THIS ONE CAME OUT AN IM REALLY PLEASED WITH IT. I WILL SAY THIS, HALF POWER ON THE SHOCK COLLAR PART IS ALL U NEED, IT REALLY LIGHTS THEM UP AT LEVEL 10 OUT OF 20 SETTINGS, BUT ONE SHOCK AND THEY LEARN THERE LESSON, IVE USED IT ON THREE DOGS NOW TEACHING THEM THE IN AND OUTS OF DOVE RETRIEVING.

Want SportDOG TEK-V1LT 1.0 GPS+E-Collar Discount?

Although my dogs are professionally trained, I bought this for a specific purpose. At winter camp, I will let them explore out to about 100 yards in thick cover. There is nothing better than glancing at a screen and knowing the dogs are fine and doing their thing. I have only used the shock once, (snake) set at the lowest level, but I love using the vibrate mode as it gets their attention with zero guilt. The antennas can be tucked into the collar bands so they don't look like robo-dogs. I am sure this shortens the effective distance, but suits my purpose. I have owned gun dogs in the past, and this is my training tool of choice if I ever go there again. i get about 22 hours on one charge on the collar, and the receiver shows just under 100% when I put them all on the charger. I own three other collar systems from years past, but would not strap any of them on a Shepherd. This thing is truly unique and could be used in nearly all training situations (because the shock function can simply be turned off, and vibrate/tone can be programmed on the third button). I would not hesitate to recommend this product on anything bigger than a Chihuahua. Really, it is that good.

Save 31% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment