PROS CLEANER than Litter Locker, no turning required of the unit, don't have to touch the lid. Haven't noticed any odor from the bags the fragrance mentioned in a previous review is extremely faint.
CONS the magnet for the scoop is only on ONE side....we can't turn the unit to sit in our bathroom because the magnet faces the side we need to have flush with the wall. Bad design oversight on their part. I can probably super glue another magnet to the other side to remedy the problem.
The litter locker's main problem is having to rotate the large handle in the middle. Sometimes the bag slips off the turn shaft or when taking the bag out it snags and tears open. :(
THE LITTER CHAMP has none of these issues. All ease of use. Save for the magnetic scoop only going on ONE side. Also our older scoops fit easily into the opening it's a quite large opening.
Highly recommend! A++
UPDATE -It's been a few months since we first bought the Litter Champ and we still give it top ratings. Still on the FIRST set of bags that came with it!! Also ordered another Litter Champ. We have no issue with odor and I have a great sense of smell. (a reviewer on Petco assumed we had poor sense of smell since they could smell urine when they opened the lid to make a deposit) I've VERY sensitive to cat odors and I am allergic even! I usually put the bathroom fan on while cleaning the box to help while opening/closing the unit -but have never noticed any lingering odor afterward) The Litter Locker bags break occasionally leaving a nasty mess to clean -which leaves a MAJOR odor. Save yourself the hassle and test a Litter Champ.
UPDATE JUNE 2011: owned 2 of these LITTER CHAMPS for +2 yrs and LOVE them. I have read other reviews complain about the bags having a fragrance but I cannot smell it unless I sniff it when replacing with a new one. (however I keep the Litter Champ in a low traffic area so I cannot smell the fragrance in the bags. I can see how it would be detectable in a small bathroom)
I donated our 2 litter lockers to a rescue center.We have three indoor cats and our cat boxes are kept in an area that human's dwell as well, so it has been a challenge to find a litter disposal system that works to keep the smell at a minimum.
I'm happy to report that this product works quite well and has done an outstanding job controlling the odor. The bag (while expensive to replace) is easy to change and the foot pedal to open the can works well.
This product would get a five star rating if the scoop were more sturdy or the opening was larger (to allow other scoops to be used). Because the opening in the can is sized for the provided scoop and you actually push it open to deposit the litter, you have to use their scoop. We've resorted to using our large metal scoop to loosen everything up, then use the plastic scoop to try and minimize the risk of the handle snapping.
Overall, it is a very good product and easy to use. While the bags are expensive to replace, we've had it about a month and even with three cats we are on the original bag. By the way the bags are biodegradable, so they get extra points for that!
Buy Lucky Champ Litter Champ Premium Pet Waste and Odor Disposal System, Taupe Now
While better than just dumping litter into a bag, this product is inferior to Litter Locker products. First, the foot lever doesn't open the canister, but a lid over a rigid flap. To open the rigid flap in order to dispose of feces, you have to push down on it with the scoop that is full of feces and the bottom of which was also in the litter pan. This means the flap is contaminated--this is not a touch-free system. Second, the interior of the canister picked up the smell of feces on the very first use, so the unit smells even when it's empty. Because the bottom of the interior of the canister is not raised at the circumference (that is, it's not concave), you can't add a layer baking soda to decrease the smell. That's not odor free. Third, essentially you're just filling a bag with feces. This bag is quite heavy and really needs to be cut and tied off before it's so full that you can't use the interior cutter. You can use scissors, but the idea is that this is supposed to make life easier. Finally, the last thing I want to do with a scoop I just used to pick up feces is attach it to the exterior of a canister, where the cat can knock it around.By contrast, the Litter Locker has these benefits: When you open the lid, there is a large aperture for disposing of feces. You don't touch any surface with the scoop. You also don't need to be standing upright because there isn't a foot pedal that you need to depress to keep the lid open. Second, the plastic of the canister does not pick up the smell of feces to any great extent. The bottom of the canister is flat, so you can add baking soda. Third, although this is also a continuous bagging system, the bag is wound around a spindle. This decreases smell by functionally sealing each deposit. When you open the lid, you don't get the blast of odor from a giant bag of feces as you do with the Litter Champ. Fourth, when you cut the bag with the internal cutter (which is awkward and not a strength of this product), you then knot it off, lift the spindle, place it over your garbage bag and pull it apart. The bag slides off and you don't need to touch it at all. Fifth, there is a removable plastic pocket for the scoop so it's not just hanging out there on the side of the canister. Finally, the Litter Locker is narrower than the Litter Champ, and much less tall. This makes it easier to use: Less distance to convey the feces means less chance of spilling feces or particles of litter, and you don't need to stand to use it. The lower profile lets you tuck it under a shelf.
We bought both products. Litter Champ is the inferior one.
Read Best Reviews of Lucky Champ Litter Champ Premium Pet Waste and Odor Disposal System, Taupe Here
I had been on a quest for the right litter disposal system. I have used both Litter Locker and now Litter Champ, each have their benefits but Litter Champ is just right for me. I have three cats and need to clean the super size box twice a day. My super size scoop fits inside the Litter Champ with no problem. The bags are less expensive than Litter Locker mainly because they last longer. Litter Champ uses a similar "continuous feed" sleeve-type bag as Litter Locker but it sits in the can until it is full or you change it out. Here is a recap of the benefits of each to help you decide which is better for you, I would write more prose but It is late and I'm tired. By the way, the scoops that come with either of these units are too small in my opinion.Litter Champ pros:
Very Good Quality construction
Less expensive to use than Litter Locker
Holds more waste and requires fewer change-outs (fewer change-outs is only true if you have more than one or two cats. If you have only one or two cats then you will not want the waste sitting there for three weeks, you will change out just as often with either brand)
Foot pedal lid with smooth operation is always covering the can
Optional locking lid insert for kid-safe or remove it for fitting large scoop
Built-in bag cutter
Slim size compared to Litter Locker, takes up less floor space.
Stylish look and More neutral coloring compared to Litter Locker's blue.
Easy to discard the waste, no extra steps like Litter Locker's needing to thread the bag and put parts back together.
Litter Locker pros:
Good Quality
Handy scoop holder catches any loose dirt and can easily be removed for cleaning.
Holds in odor even when the lid is open and in use, trapping oder in the pinched bag when the handle is turned.
Overall better odor control than Litter Champ, however I think this is due to my tendency to let the Litter Champ fill up for two weeks. I am all about as little work as possible.
Want Lucky Champ Litter Champ Premium Pet Waste and Odor Disposal System, Taupe Discount?
We have 4 cats and used 2 Litter Lockers for about 2 years and liked them just fine. But, the cartridges didn't seem to last very long (I shudder to think of someone using at as instructeda full rotation each use). I took a chance on 1 Litter Champ and within a week I purchased another one. The bags do seem to be expensive, but REALLY(!!) you'll save ALOT of money if you purchase this instead of a Litter Locker. The first bag to be used up lasted 3+ months, the other4 months. The Litter Locker cartridges lasted about 2 weeks each. The design of the Litter Champ makes it very easy to use. Just like with the Litter Locker, make sure you can tie knots, but unlike the Litter Locker, you don't need to thread it into the butterfly tab and make sure you make a full rotation to keep the bag from not latchingjust tie it and pull it down slightly. The only issue, as noted from other users is the scooptoo smallI kept the Litter Locker Scoopsotherwise, just measure the flap and purchase another scoop the same width.** After a full year of using the product, I have to raise it to 5 star item... yes, the scoop is an issue, but ridiculously easy to remedy! An amazingly easy to use product and money-wise a MUCH better selection over the Litter Locker!


No comments:
Post a Comment