Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hamilton 4' Fine Chain Dog Lead with Black Nylon Handle

Hamilton 4' Fine Chain Dog Lead with Black Nylon HandleJust a short review here. Well made leash but do be aware that it is **heavy**. Have had numerous chain leashes in the past and the thin ones like this were not this heavy. So if you're getting it for a small dog or small pup who chews leashes, just beware that it's got some pretty good weight to it.

My only complaint is that the clip that hooks to the collar is very small, we use a harness that has two loops to attach the armholes together at the back, and this clip cannot fit them. We had to buy a small carabiner as an extension of sorts... but other than that this is a very high quality leash!

Buy Hamilton 4' Fine Chain Dog Lead with Black Nylon Handle Now

Perfect size for my small dog. Had to buy her a metal leash because she likes to chew the regular leashes. 4ft long is just about perfect.

Read Best Reviews of Hamilton 4' Fine Chain Dog Lead with Black Nylon Handle Here

This is the perfect leash for your aggressive/nervous chewer.

I went through two leashes, one of which only lasted less than a week, and a harness before I got this leash. I knew I needed something stronger than the average nylon leashes and was trying to decide between metal and mountain climbing rope. The metal ones I had seen prior to finding this one was a cable and didn't look very space efficient. I had wanted a 6' leash, since I"m used to longer leashes, but figured, since my dog always walks right next to me, that it'd be fine, if not better, to use a shorter leash.

A nice unexpected outcome of this leash is that since it uses chains, it can fold up into a very small pile. Very efficient with space. My dog hasn't even thought of trying to chew it after he tried the first time. The chain itself is solidly build, and pretty nice looking.

Reason for 4 instead of 5 stars:

The handle is horribly made. It's a very, very cheap looking piece of nylon that isn't very comfortable to hold for long periods of time. I often find myself just holding the strap instead of using the loop.

And this isn't necessarily a con for the manufacturer, but more so a tradeoff with having a metal chain leash. Don't expect to loop the chain around your hand like you would a nylon, leather, or rope leash. The metal is very uncomfortable around your knuckles when an unexpected tug happens from your dog.

Want Hamilton 4' Fine Chain Dog Lead with Black Nylon Handle Discount?

We rescued a Maltipoo from a neighbor. When taking her to bed (I don't kennel my animals) needed to find a way to keep her in her bed while we slept. This worked perfectly! Light weight, but strong. Only took her 3 days to learn to stay in bed so now she doesn't need it at all, but nice to have on hand. I see no issue with using it as a walking leash. Paid $10.22 with free shipping and would absolutely buy it again.

Save 47% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment